Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of www.stevenma.com
Welcome to www.stevenma.com (the Website) which is owned and operated by Booboobae L Ltd (we, Steven Ma, the Company, our or us, as is applicable). This website provides information about us, our products and allows you to purchase our products.
We amend these terms from time to time, so advise that each time you wish to order products from this website, please check these three documents to ensure you understand the conditions which will apply at that time. These Terms and Conditions were most recently updated on 3rd February 2023. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In these Terms and Conditions, words that appear after the expression ‘include’, ‘including’, ‘other’, ‘for example’, ‘such as’ or ‘in particular’ (or any similar expression) will not limit the meaning of the words appearing before such expression
These Terms govern
- the use of this Website, and,
- any other related Agreement or legal relationship with us. Capitalized words are defined in the relevant dedicated section of this document.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions creates any relationship of employment, agency, or partnership between the involved parties.
"This Website" refers to
- this website, including its subdomains and any other website through which we makes our Service available;
- the Service;
- any applications, sample and content files, source code, scripts, instruction sets or software included as part of the Service, as well as any related documentation;
The following documents are incorporated by reference into these Terms:
- Delivery and Returns Policy
What you should know at a glance
- The Service/this Website is only intended for Consumers.
- The right of cancellation on this Website applies only to UK Consumers, regardless of their habitual residence.
- Non-adults may access this Website and use its Service only under parental or adult supervision.
Agreement Any legally binding or contractual relationship between the Company and the User, governed by these Terms.
Consumer Any User qualifying as a natural person who accesses goods or services for personal use, or more generally, acts for purposes outside their trade, business, craft or profession.
Coupon Any code or voucher, in print or electronic form, which allows the User to purchase the Product at a discounted price.
Example cancellation form
Booboobae L Ltd, c/o Work.Life Old Street, Rivington House, 82 Great Eastern Street, London, EC2A 3JF email@example.com
I/We hereby give notice that I/we wish to cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods/for the provision of the following service:
_____________________________________________ (insert a description of the goods/services that are subject to the respective withdrawal)
- Order number: _____________________________________________
- Ordered on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Received on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Name of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Address of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Date: _____________________________________________
(sign if this form is notified on paper)
Product A good or service available for purchase through this Website, such as e.g. physical goods, digital files, software, booking services etc. The sale of Products may be part of the Service.
Service The service provided by this Website as described in these Terms and on this Website.
Terms All provisions applicable to the use of this Website and/or the Service as described in this document, including any other related documents or agreements, and as updated from time to time.
User (or You) Indicates any natural person or legal entity using this Website.
Website The property that enables the provision of the Service.
- You are a Consumer;
- You are an adult as defined by applicable law;
- Non-adults may only use this Website under parental or adult supervision;
To use the Service you may register or create a customer account, providing all required data or information in a complete and truthful manner. You may also use the Service without registering or creating an account, however, this may cause limited availability of certain features or functions. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials confidential and safe. For this reason, you are also required to choose passwords that meet the highest standards of strength permitted by this Website.
By registering, you agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You are required to immediately and unambiguously inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, if you think your personal information, including but not limited to your customer accounts, access credentials or personal data, have been violated, unduly disclosed or stolen.
Conditions for account registration
Registration of customer accounts on this Website is subject to the conditions outlined below. By registering, you agree to meet such conditions.
- Accounts registered by bots or any other automated methods are not permitted.
- Unless explicitly permitted, a customer account may not be shared with other persons.
You can terminate your account and stop using the Service at any time by notifying us at email@example.com. Please request in the body of the email that you would like to terminate your account and provide us with the necessary identification details. We may require you to provide proof that you are the person who has opened the account.
Account suspension and deletion
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion, in the following cases:
- You have violated these Terms; and/or
- Your access or use of this Website may cause injury to us, other users of this website or third parties; and/or
- Your use of this Website may cause a violation of law or regulations; and/or
- in case of an investigation by legal action or governmental involvement; and/or
- the account or its use is deemed to be, at our sole discretion inappropriate or offensive or in violation of these Terms.
The suspension or deletion of customer accounts does not entitle you to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement. The suspension or deletion of customer accounts due to causes attributable to you does not exempt you from paying any applicable fees or prices.
Content on this Website
Unless where otherwise specified or clearly recognizable, all content available on this Website is owned or provided by us or the people from who we license the content. We undertake our utmost effort to ensure that the content provided on this Website infringes no applicable legal provisions or third-party rights. However, it may not always be possible to achieve such a result. In such cases, without prejudice to any legal recourse you may be entitled to use to enforce your rights, you are kindly asked to report any infringements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights regarding content on this Website - All rights reserved
We hold and reserve all intellectual property rights for any such content. You may not therefore use such content in any way that is not necessary or implicit in the proper use of the Service.
Access to external resources
Through this Website, you may have access to external resources provided by third parties. You acknowledge and accept that we have no control over such resources and are therefore not responsible for their content and availability. Conditions applicable to any resources provided by third parties, including those applicable to any possible grant of rights in content, result from each such third parties’ terms and conditions or, in the absence of those, applicable statutory law.
This Website and the Service may only be used within the scope of what they are provided for, under these Terms and applicable law. You are solely responsible for making sure that your use of this Website and/or the Service violates no applicable law, regulations or third-party rights. Therefore, we reserve the right to take any appropriate measure to protect our legitimate interests including by denying you access to this Website or the Service, terminating contracts, reporting any misconduct performed through this Website or the Service to the competent authorities – such as judicial or administrative authorities – whenever you engage or are suspected to engage in any activities which:
- violate laws, regulations and/or these Terms;
- infringe any third-party rights;
- considerably impair our legitimate interests;
- offend us or any third party.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Some of the Products provided on this Website, as part of the Service, are provided on the basis of payment. The fees, duration and conditions applicable to the purchase of such Products are described below and in the dedicated sections of this Website.
Prices, descriptions or availability of Products are outlined in the respective sections of this Website and are subject to change without notice. While Products on this Website are presented with the greatest accuracy technically possible, representation on this Website through any means (including, as the case may be, graphic material, images, colours, sounds) is for reference only and implies no warranty as to the characteristics of the purchased Product. The characteristics of the chosen Product will be outlined during the purchasing process.
Any steps needed from Product choice to order submission, form part of the purchasing process. The purchasing process includes these steps:
- You must indicate the desired Product by selecting it, including, where possible, quantity and specific characteristics, to make it appear in the cart.
- Within the cart, you may review your purchase selection, modify, remove or add items and, where provided for, give specific instructions (for instance, “send it with a gift receipt”).
- You will use the checkout button to be redirected to the checkout view.
- During the purchasing process, you may, at any time, modify, correct or change the information provided, and add a gift card, referral code or discount code (Coupon) or altogether abort the purchasing process with no consequence.
- After providing all the required information, you must carefully review the order and, subsequently, confirm and submit it by using the relevant button or mechanism on this Website, hereby accepting these Terms and committing to pay the agreed-upon price.
When you submit an order, the following applies:
- The submission of an order determines contract conclusion and therefore creates an obligation for you to pay the price, taxes and possible further fees and expenses, as specified on the order page.
- In case the purchased Product requires active input from you, such as the provision of personal information or data, specifications or special wishes, the order submission creates an obligation for you to cooperate accordingly.
- Upon submission of the order, you will receive an email confirming that the order has been received.
All notifications related to the described purchasing process shall be sent to the email address provided by you for such purposes.
Prices, Taxes and Fees
Depending on the delivery location, the user may have to pay additional taxes and fees.
- For delivery locations within the UK: Prices includes all applicable VAT, taxes and fees.
- For delivery locations outside the UK: Prices do not include any applicable VAT, taxes or fees. Customers may have to pay any import VAT, tariffs and administration fees that may be levied by custom or courier companies.
Offers and discounts
We may offer discounts or provide special offers for the purchase of Products. Any such offer or discount shall always be subject to the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions set out in the corresponding section of this Website. Offers and discounts are always granted at our sole discretion. Repeated or recurring offers or discounts create no claim/title or right that you may enforce in the future. Depending on the case, discounts or offers shall be valid for a limited time only or while stocks last. If an offer or discount is limited by time, the time indications refer to UK time, unless otherwise specified.
Methods of payment
Information related to accepted payment methods are made available during the purchasing process. Some payment methods may only be available subject to additional conditions or fees. In such cases related information can be found in the dedicated section of this Website. All payments are independently processed through third-party services. Therefore, this Website does not collect any payment information – such as credit card details – but only receives a notification once the payment has been successfully completed. If a payment through the available methods fails or is refused by the payment service provider, we shall be under no obligation to fulfil order. We reserve the right to charge you any possible costs or fees resulting from the failed or refused payment.
Retention of Product ownership
Until we receive payment of the total purchase price, any Products ordered shall remain our property and ownership of the goods shall pass to you when full payment is received.
Deliveries are made to the address indicated by you and in the manner specified in the order summary. Upon delivery, you must verify the content of the delivery and report anomalies without undue delay, to email@example.com or delivery details as described in the delivery note. You may refuse to accept the parcel if visibly damaged. Goods are delivered to the countries or territories specified in the relevant section of this Website. Delivery times are specified on this Website or during the purchasing process.
We cannot be held responsible for delivery errors due to inaccuracies or incompleteness in the execution of the purchase order by you, nor for any damages or delays after handover to the carrier if the latter is arranged by you. If the goods are not received or collected at the time or within the deadline specified, the goods will be returned to us, who will contact you to schedule a second delivery attempt or to agree on the future course of action. Unless otherwise agreed, any delivery attempt starting from the second shall be at your expense.
Right of cancellation
Unless exceptions apply, you may be eligible to cancel from the contract within a 14 day period, for any reason and without justification. You can learn more about the cancellation conditions within this section.
Who the right of cancellation applies to
The right of cancellation is a right designed for UK Consumers in the case of distance contracts (because you are not able to see or try the Products before closing the contract). Withdrawal from the contract terminates the obligation of the contracting parties to perform the contract. On this Website the right of withdrawal applies to UK Consumers only. Unless any exception mentioned below applies, if any, Users who are Consumers have a right to cancel the contract within the specified period applicable to their case, for any reason and without justification. If you do not fit this qualification, you cannot benefit from the rights described in this section.
Exercising the right of cancellation
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must send to us an unequivocal statement of their intention to cancel the contract. To this end, you may use the model cancellation form available from within the “definitions” section of this document. You are, however, free to express their intention to cancel the contract by making an unequivocal statement in any other suitable way. In order to meet the deadline within which they can exercise such rights, you must send the cancellation notice before the cancellation period expires.
When does the cancellation period expire?
- Regarding the purchase of goods, the cancellation period expires 14 days after the day on which you or a third party receive the goods at the specified delivery address, or in the case that in the process the original delivery address is changed, the final agreed delivery address of the goods.
- Regarding the purchase of several goods ordered together but delivered separately or in case of purchase of a single good consisting of multiple lots or pieces delivered separately, the cancellation period expires 14 days after the day on which you or a third party receive the final set of goods at the specified delivery address, or in the case that in the process the original delivery address is changed, the final agreed delivery address of the goods.
Effects of cancellation
Users who correctly cancel a contract will be reimbursed by us for all payments made to us, including, if any, those covering the costs of delivery. However, any additional costs resulting from the choice of a particular delivery method other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us, will not be reimbursed. Such reimbursement shall be made without undue delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed of your decision to cancel the contract. If the goods are still in your possession once 14 days have passed since we are informed of your decision, we have the right to delay a refund until pick up of the goods has commenced or you have provided us with proof that you have sent the goods back to us. Unless otherwise agreed with you, reimbursements will be made using the same means of payment as used to process the initial transaction. In any event, you shall not incur any transaction costs or fees as a result of such reimbursement.
Regarding the purchase of physical goods
Unless we have offered to collect the goods, you shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, or to a person authorized by us to receive the goods, without undue delay and in any event within 14 days from the day on which you communicated your decision to cancel the contract. The deadline is met if the goods are handed to the carrier, or otherwise returned as indicated above, before the expiration of the 14 day period for returning the goods. The reimbursement may be withheld until reception of the goods, or until you have supplied evidence of having returned the goods, whichever is the earliest. The costs of returning the goods are borne by you.
You shall be liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods outside the extent reasonably required to examine the product. For any goods which are visibly damaged or used (e.g scuffed soles, scratched or stained leather, unusual smells including smoke), we will reduce the value of the refund to reflect the diminished value of the goods.
Exceptions from the right of cancellation
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts:
- for the supply of goods made to your specifications or otherwise clearly personalized;
- for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery;
- for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery;
- for the supply of goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items;
- for the supply of a newspaper, periodical or magazine with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications;
LIABILITY AND IDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees harmless from and against any claim or demand — including but not limited to lawyer's fees and costs — made by any third party due to or in relation with any culpable use of or connection to the Service, violation of these Terms, infringement of any third-party rights or statutory provision by you or your affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Limitation of liability
Unless otherwise explicitly stated and without prejudice to applicable statutory product liability provisions, you shall have no right to claim damages against us (or any natural or legal person acting on its behalf).
This does not apply to damages to life, health or physical integrity, damages resulting from the breach of an essential contractual obligation such as any obligation strictly necessary to achieve the purpose of the contract, and/or damages resulting from intent or gross negligence, as long as this Website has been appropriately and correctly used by you.
Unless damages have been caused by way of intent or gross negligence, or they affect life, health or physical integrity, we shall only be liable to the extent of typical and foreseeable damages at the moment the contract was entered into.
In particular, within the limits stated above, we shall not be liable for:
- any loss of business opportunities and any other loss, even indirect, that may be incurred by you (such as, but not limited to, trading losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, etc.);
- damages or losses resulting from interruptions or malfunctions of this Website due to acts of force majeure, or unforeseen and unforeseeable events and, in any case, independent of the will and beyond the control of us, such as, but not limited to, failures or disruptions of telephone or electrical lines, the Internet and / or other means of transmission, unavailability of websites, strikes, natural disasters, viruses and cyber attacks, interruptions in the delivery of products, third-party services or applications;
- any losses that are not the direct consequence of a breach of the Terms by us;
- any damage, prejudice or loss occurring due to viruses or other malware contained in or connected to files available for download from the internet or via this Website. You are responsible for implementing sufficient security measures – such as anti-viruses and firewalls to prevent any such infection or attack and for securing backup copies of all data or information exchanged via or uploaded to this Website.
Limitation of liability
Disclaimer of Warranties
This Website is provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we expressly disclaim all conditions, representations, and warranties — whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, we, our subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at your own risk and you shall be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or your use of the Service.
We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and we shall not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
The Service may become inaccessible or it may not function properly with your web browser, mobile device, and/or operating system. We cannot be held liable for any perceived or actual damages arising from Service content, operation, or use of this Service.
Federal law, some states, and other jurisdictions, do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties. The above exclusions may not apply to you. This Agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this agreement shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall we, and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for
- any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service; and
- any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or customer account or the information contained therein;
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of the Service;
- any unauthorized access to or use of the our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or
- the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of you or a third party. In no event shall we, and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount paid by you to the us hereunder in the preceding 12 months, or the period of duration of this agreement between you and us, whichever is shorter.
This limitation of liability section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. The terms give you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under the terms shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims or demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses, arising from
- Your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you;
- Your violation of these terms, including, but not limited to, your breach of any of the representations and warranties set forth in these terms;
- Your violation of any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, any right of privacy or intellectual property rights;
- Your violation of any statutory law, rule, or regulation;
- any content that is submitted from your customer account, including third party access with your unique username, password or other security measure, if applicable, including, but not limited to, misleading, false, or inaccurate information;
- Your wilful misconduct; or
- statutory provision by you or your affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Our failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or provision. No waiver shall be considered a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
To ensure the best possible service level, we reserve the right to interrupt the Service for maintenance, system updates or any other changes, informing you appropriately. Within the limits of law, we may also decide to suspend or terminate the Service altogether. If the Service is terminated, we will cooperate with you to enable you to withdraw Personal Data or information in accordance with applicable law. Additionally, the Service might not be available due to reasons outside our reasonable control, such as “force majeure” (eg. labor actions, infrastructural breakdowns or blackouts etc).
You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of this Website and of its Service without our express prior written permission, granted either directly or through a legitimate reselling programme.
To learn more about the use of your Personal Data, you may refer to the Privacy and Cookies Policy (Link to this) of this Website.
Intellectual property rights
Without prejudice to any more specific provision of these Terms, any intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and design rights related to this Website are the exclusive property of us or our licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties relating to intellectual property. All trademarks — nominal or figurative — and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos appearing in connection with this Website are, and remain, the exclusive property of us or our licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties related to intellectual property.
Changes to these Terms
The Owner reserves the right to amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. In such cases, the Owner will appropriately inform the User of these changes. Such changes will only affect the relationship with the User for the future. The continued use of the Service will signify the User’s acceptance of the revised Terms. If Users do not wish to be bound by the changes, they must stop using the Service. Failure to accept the revised Terms, may entitle either party to terminate the Agreement. The applicable previous version will govern the relationship prior to the User's acceptance. The User can obtain any previous version from the Owner. If required by applicable law, the Owner will specify the date by which the modified Terms will enter into force.
Assignment of contract
We reserve the right to transfer, assign, dispose of by novation, or subcontract any or all rights or obligations under these Terms, taking your legitimate interests into account. Provisions regarding changes of these Terms will apply accordingly. You may not assign or transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms in any way, without the written permission of us.
All communications relating to the use of this Website must be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should any provision of these Terms be deemed or become invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Any such invalid or unenforceable provision will be interpreted, construed and reformed to the extent reasonably required to render it valid, enforceable and consistent with its original intent. These Terms constitute the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all other communications, including but not limited to all prior agreements, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. These Terms will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Should any provision of these Terms be or be deemed void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties shall do their best to find, in an amicable way, an agreement on valid and enforceable provisions thereby substituting the void, invalid or unenforceable parts. In case of failure to do so, the void, invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be replaced by the applicable statutory provisions, if so permitted or stated under the applicable law.
Without prejudice to the above, the nullity, invalidity or the impossibility to enforce a particular provision of these Terms shall not nullify the entire Agreement, unless the severed provisions are essential to the Agreement, or of such importance that the parties would not have entered into the contract if they had known that the provision would not be valid, or in cases where the remaining provisions would translate into an unacceptable hardship on any of the parties.
These Terms are governed by UK law without regard to conflict of laws principles.
Venue of jurisdiction
The parties shall submit all disputes arising from or related to these Terms– including those concerning its construction, validity, effectiveness, performance and termination – to a mediation attempt (hereinafter, "the Mediation"), at a venue chosen at the discretion of the owner and in accordance with the provisions of its regulation, which the Parties expressly declare that they are aware of and accept in full. The Parties undertake to resort to arbitration before starting any legal proceedings. Should the Parties fail to reach an amicable settlement of the dispute, the place of jurisdiction shall be the Court of England and Wales.
Amicable dispute resolution
You may bring any disputes to the Company, where upon notification, we will try to resolve them amicably. While your right to take legal action shall always remain unaffected, in the event of any controversy regarding the use of this Website or the Service, you are kindly asked to contact us at email@example.com. We will process the request without undue delay and within 30 days of receiving it.
Latest update: 3rd February 2023